Ten Year Vision
- Colorado’s children experience healthy social and emotional development.
- Mental health knowledge and expertise is integrated into systems and programs serving children and families.
- Children have access to culturally relevant, evidence-based prevention and wellness promotion practices for themselves and their families.
GOAL 1: Catalyze communities to build comprehensive systems and services to promote the social and emotional development of young children.
LAUNCH Together - Caring for Colorado, in partnership with six other Colorado-based foundations, created the LAUNCH Together initiative as a way to improve the systems related to social and emotional development of young children. This initiative is inspired by the federally funded, Project LAUNCH work and is focused on investing in Colorado communities interested in expanding evidence-based prevention and promotion practices and building coordinated systems to support the wellness of children prenatal through age 8 with a focus on behavioral health and social and emotional development.
LAUNCH Together is now accepting Phase I Planning Grant applications. View the RFP here.
GOAL 2: Promote children’s social, emotional and physical development
Health Promotion - Foster and encourage children’s optimal social, emotional and physical development through targeted investments. Funding interests:
- Development of comprehensive, integrated family-centered health care homes for children
- Implementation of proven and promising home-visitation and mental health consultation models for young children and their families/caregivers
- Development of an early childhood mental health workforce trained to work in integrated care and community-based settings
- Efforts to improve maternal and child health outcomes
GOAL 3: Improve access to high quality school-based health services for children and adolescents.
Access to Care – Strengthen the capacity and sustainability of school-based health services. Funding interests:
- Time-limited, bridge funding to seed and/or expand health care services
- Capital improvements
- Evidence-based health education programming
- Technical assistance to help improve the operational capacity of school-based health programs, including mergers, fund-raising, business planning, operational assessments and quality improvement.
Behavioral Health – Develop and strengthen behavioral health programming within schools and school-based health centers. Funding interests:
- Adoption of evidence-based programs.
- Training and consultation to integrate behavioral health services into health center programs and operations.